The official gold coin of the United States, the American Gold Eagle coins are available on an annual basis in three familiar versions and four different weights. These stunning coins serve as a reminder of the majesty, longevity, and strength of the American nation. Each Gold Eagle coin from the United States Mint features images of the nation’s most iconic symbols, from its official national emblem of the American bald eagle to that towering symbol of freedom and democracy known to most simply as Lady Liberty.
- Contains 1 oz of fine Gold.
- Multiples of 20 are packaged in U.S. Mint tubes; all other Gold Eagle coins will be in protective packaging.
- Packaged U.S. Mint tubes come in Monster Boxes of 500 when ordering in bulk.
- Obverse: Adapted from Saint-Gaudens’ popular Gold Double Eagle design, featuring Lady Liberty with a torch in her right hand and an olive branch in her left, and added details from the original Bronze cast.
- Reverse: A close-up of an eagle, designed by Jennie Norris.
- Guaranteed by the U.S. Mint.
The History of the American Gold Eagle
American Gold Eagle Coins were authorized for production by the United States Congress with passage of the Gold Bullion Coin Act of 1985. Under the terms of legislation, the program was to contain four different weights in total (1 oz, ½ oz, ¼ oz, 1/10 oz) and include two different versions initially (bullion and proof). Congress set the face value for the coins as is standard practice with any legal tender issued by the United States Mint.
The first American Gold Eagle coins were produced and made available for purchase in 1986. The bullion gold coin
program was immediately available with all four weights, while the proof version of the coin featured only a 1 oz coin in 1986. The proof program expanded to include the ½ oz weight in 1987, and the ¼ oz and 1/10 oz coins in 1988.
Get your hands on a golden American icon!
No-Hassle 60-Day Return Policy
We are so confident you will be thrilled with your purchase that we offer a 60-day no-questions-asked guarantee. If you are not satisfied with your 2022 1 oz American Gold Eagle BU for any reason, let us know within 60 days of purchase. We will gladly refund your money and pay all return shipping costs. Contact us by email to learn more.
Please note - Due to recent increases in demand we are not able to guarantee a specific delivery date, but we are doing our best to try and ship orders out within 2-3 days of the order being placed. Please allow at least 7-10 business days (1-2 weeks) for your order to arrive. Thank you!